You've hired a designer, agonized over colors and fonts and you're finally approaching your launch date.
But, how do you get people excited for a brand they've never heard of? How do you motivate them to start engaging with your content? What steps do you need to take and in what order?
Trust me, I've heard all of these questions before. Launching a brand, even a re-brand, can be stressful. That's why I created a simple 4-step method for my clients. Although, I customize this template with each client based off their mission, ideal client and type of business. You can easily learn to apply this method to your own business.
From setting up your social media accounts, to boosting engagement this simple process will help you launch with a bang!
What are you waiting for? Let's get started!
1 | Secure your social media identity
The first step you take in creating a successful brand launch, needs to be securing your social media identity. Whether you are re-branding your business or starting a business from scratch, having your social media names, bio's and images is a must.
Although I believe a good social media strategy must include sending people to your website, I do believe you should start your social media accounts before you have a live website. This helps you begin marketing your business, growing an audience and ensures a successful launch.
To secure your social media identity you should:
- Find your target audience. Does your target audience primarily use Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, etc.? Although, I believe you should secure your handle on each account, you should only focus on growing one or two in the very beginning.
- Create accounts. To ensure your audience can find you with ease, you should select one handle and use them for each account (if possible). This is why I recommend starting accounts even before you dedicate your time towards growing them.
- Create a social strategy. As mentioned above, you don't need to focus on every social media platform to get started. Focus on the one platform you think your ideal client spends the most time and begin growing hype around your brand launch.
2 | Start a countdown
Define a hard launch date for your brand and stick with it. This allows you the opportunity to start counting down to your launch so your friends, family and ideal clients can easily follow along with your process.
A countdown is helpful, because people often need to hear things a few times before it sticks. If you want a successful brand launch, reminding people of your launch day is necessary, and counting down is an easy way to do that.
During this countdown you can build hype and get your audience to interact in a few ways
- Giveaways. Giveaways are a great way to get people to share your post, engage with your content and tell your friends. To secure long-term success, I recommend getting the participants onto your newsletter, so you can continue marketing towards them.
- Sneaks peaks and teasers. Sharing the process of your brand design can be a great way to get your audience involved. Ask them their preference or have them vote to get the highest level of engagement!
- Create a hashtag. Use a hashtag to promote your launch and brand. This is another great way to get people interacting with your brand. Note: If you're working with a designer and they have a hashtag, be sure to use theirs as well, that way they can easily promote your new brand to their followers, too!
3 | Write a blog post about it
For the day of your launch, you'll want to be directing people towards a specific piece of content to ensure optimal engagement.
Simply asking people to view your website can get a good level of engagement, but it can grow exponentially if you have a specific place you want to send them. Extra points if this page has newsletter opt-ins to keep the momentum going long-term!
Blog post ideas:
- The design process. If you worked with a designer, you could interview them on your blog and share the design process. Discuss the decisions you made and why you chose them. People love to get a behind-the-scenes look of businesses they love.
- Your story. Share the story of your business and why you got started. Where did the idea come from and what was the process of getting your business started?
- Highlight your team. Are you starting your business with a few team members? Write a blog post introducing each team member to your new audience. People connect with businesses easier when they can see the face behind the brand.
4 | Have a plan for on-going success
You've launched, now what?
You spent days and weeks, possibly months, pouring into your launch, but how do you keep the momentum going? You need a plan for on-going success.
Long-term success tips
- Capture emails. Starting an email list can be daunting, but it's one of the best ways to interact with your ideal clients. Social media is a necessary resource for any small business, but you don't own those contacts and you can't ensure that your followers ever see your content, that isn't the case with your newsletter.
- Host a post-launch sale. Keep the momentum going my hosting a sale. Extra points if you give a discount to people who joined in on a pre-launch promotion (i.e., giveaway, hashtag, etc.)
There is a lot that goes into having a successful brand launch, but with this 4-step method you can ensure that not only is your launch successful, but you can keep the momentum going!
If you've launched a brand recently and have tips to share, leave them in the comments!